Thursday, August 28, 2008

PACKING

Potentials Submission
Part 3 of 4

After repeating and tesselating my module in different planes, I then layered these planes together so that each plane interlocked with the next (this is shown in the first two images). While experimenting with the opacity of the materials, I found that delicate patterns were created when the modules were quite transparent. The patterns created have depth but are also geometric graphics and in that sense are quite two dimensional. Amongst the shadows, there are repeating curved elements that resemble the undulations in the site's contour lines. The final image shows how these relate. I think that I will use these images as section cuts or plan images, and extract some of the shapes and layers into my designs that follow.

No comments: